Purpose of the Position:
To lead and equip the Grace Praise Team to worship Jesus with joy and authenticity, to lead junior & senior high students close to Jesus, and support the broader mission of the church (Love God, Love People, Proclaim His Word, & Make Disciples) in tasks as assigned.
1. Recruit, train, schedule, and lead worship team of volunteers (musicians & vocalists)
2. Select worship songs weekly (would love to have song selection
coincide with sermon when possible)
3. Equip worship team with a monthly schedule of volunteers and song selection
4. Prepare worship media and provide support for the tech team weekly
5. Lead worship practice weekly
6. Work with and guide on-stage & tech team during weekly practice and worship service
7. Lead A/V team of volunteers; advise tech team and elders on needed
worship equipment & updates
8. Understand the sound & display systems, ready to recommend updates as needed
1. Guide Middle and High School students (grades 6—12) in what it
means to know and follow Jesus
2. Recruit, train, and lead the team of adult volunteers
3. Prepare and teach regular messages, small group discussion questions, and lead worship
4. Lead/plan intentional growth opportunities for teens (camps, mission trips, conferences, etc)
1. Other occasional duties as assigned by the Pastoral/Elder team
1. A man who loves Jesus and meets the qualifications of an elder
(1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1: 5-9)
2. Fully on board with Grace’s mission to:
Love God. Love People. Proclaim His Word. Make Disciples.
3. Bachelor’s degree in music, Bible, or youth ministry (or equivalent experience) is preferred
4. Complete alignment with the Evangelical Free Church of America’s Statement of Faith
5. Demonstrates engaging leadership and has good communication skills
6. Passionate, humble, and confident
* The Associate Pastor of Worship & Student Ministries will report and be accountable to the Lead Pastor & Elder Board.
To apply for this position email a resume and cover letter to the search team here.